Mr Andrew Rankin – RGN, BA(hons) NIP. British Association of Cosmetic Nurses (Vice Chair), Aesthetic Practitioner and industry-leading aesthetic trainer of other doctors.
Andrew undertook specialist training in cosmetic medicine in London’s Harley Street. Since 2006 he has significantly developed his clinical skills, including qualifying in 2009 to become an independent prescriber. Andrew is very closely involved in broader industry issues and has special interests in standards of practice, regulation and training and has worked hard to help ensure the industry develops in the right direction – with patient safety at its core.
Indeed, in 2012 Andrew was awarded the BACN Outstanding Contribution Award for his work in leading the prescribing guidelines committee, producing a set of standards and procedures for prescribing for nurses in aesthetics.
He was the original consultant editor for the Journal of Aesthetic Nursing helping to formulate the aims and objectives of the journal and bringing together a team of peers and independent specialists, and has also enjoyed working extensively for Merz Aesthetics, both as a trainer in the UK and internationally in product development.
In 2012 Andrew was invited onto the Board of the BACN and has since become the Chair of the BACN Education Committee and was appointed as Vice Chair in 2015. Having written a strategic educational framework for the future of the industry on behalf of the BACN he was invited by HEE (Health Education England) to be one of the 12 final members of the Expert Advisory Group in the UK, and led the group on toxins and dermal fillers and more recently specialising in fillers. This work is in conjunction with the Department of Health, post the Keogh Review.
Andrew’s various involvement include:
- Lead trainer for a major training provider for 6 years.
- Training and expert opinion provider for several leading manufacturers.
- Currently a trainer for Teoxane Ltd and a key opinion leader for Aesthetic Source and Sinclair pharma
- Board of the British Association of Cosmetic Nurses BACN since 2102
- Currently vice-chair of the BACN.
- Seconded to the Health Education England Expert Reference Group (after the Dep’t of Health/Sir Bruce Keogh review of cosmetic medicine) to develop a framework of education and standards, leading the group for dermal fillers.
- Integral to the founding of the new Joint Council of Cosmetic Practitioners (JCCP) – responsible for industry regulation and oversight.
- Currently he still works closely to assist in JCCP development.
- Chair of the JCCP sub-group responsible for the development of an industry register.
- Currently a Board member of the council’s sister organisation – the Cosmetic Practice Standards Authority.